Monday, May 12, 2014

My first Mother's Day

Yesterday was my first Mother's Day. I woke up and got my coffee and Jackson actually slept in. Josh said happy Mother's Day to me and then got up and went into his office. He came back with a package. My mom and I saw the package by the front door on Friday and I knew what it was. I had sent him 2 links to 2 different diaper bags on the petunia pickle bottom outlet sale. I knew he had no idea what to get me and I love those bags and since I will be using a diaper bag for the next few years I wanted a really nice one, but if course I wasn't going to by myself one. Anyways, when we saw it by the door I told her that I bet he hands me the box just like that and he won't wrap it or even open it. And that's exactly what happened. Oh well. I love the bag he chose out of the 2 I sent him. He also got me sees candy. He didn't get me a card and I was really hurt about that. I know it's stupid to get upset over something so small but it's my first Mother's Day and I wanted a card to put into J's scrapbook. Well luckily my mom got me a super cute card from J to me! She even put a hand and food print of his in it! She also gave me a target gift card, bought me some makeup at ulta and paid for my first month of stroller strides! I also got a card in the mail from Greg and Judy with a $50 visa gift card. We went out to dinner to rodizio grill, a Brazilian restaurant downtown. We had a nice dinner.

I had so many emotions going on Saturday night and yesterday. On Saturday night J was so tired he fell asleep while nursing. I tried to get him to wake up and eat more because he didn't nurse for long enough but he was out. So I put him in his crib and when he woke up crying at 10pm I wasn't surprised. So I went into his room and sat in the glider and nursed him. And I was overwhelmed with the love that I have for this little guy. I'm so incredible lucky to be his mom. I love being a mom, I feel like it's exactly what I was made to do. I'm amazed by this precious little boy and so thankful that I get to be his momma.














- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment