Saturday, August 23, 2014

A place in SCV

We've been looking on a few websites for places to rent and haven't had much success. We came across a few scams and a lot of places we can't afford. There was a house that would have been perfect...but there was a waiting list and we would have been #28 on that list. So today we went to look at apartments. We looked at the first place, kinda old, not great, especially for the price. We went to lunch and dropped J with my mom to play and take a nap. We decided to go look at The Colony Townhouses...where me and an ex boyfriend were roommates with josh 10 years ago...yeah...kinda weird...but they are really nice. You get a lot for your money there. And they were the same price as the places we looked at earlier. We decided to just do it. We filled out the applications and got everything set up. It's a 3 story townhome with garage and laundry on first floor. Front door, patio, kitchen, dining area, living room and half bath on second floor. 2 bedrooms with their own bathrooms and balcony on 3rd floor. Garage and washer/dryer were on our must have list. We like the layout and the area, plus it has nice finishes and feels clean and new so it feels more homey. Our background checks should come thru Monday and Josh needs to take them 4 pay stubs as proof of income and then we'll sign the lease agreement. I don't see anything going wrong so hopefully everything will be good to go and our move in date will be September 6, 2 weeks from now. I can't wait to get in there with our own stuff and have our own space and get settled in and organized. We are signing a 1 year lease. As much as I loved having my mom living with us in Utah I'm exited/ready/happy for it to be just josh, me and Jackson. I know josh didn't love my mom living with us so I really think it'll be good for our little family and help our relationship. But the rent is still more then what our mortgage plus homeowners together was in Utah and money will be really tight. For this to work I really need to bring in some money to help us. I've applied at the gym that Sami works at to work in the childcare but I haven't heard anything yet. I'm really hoping to get a job there. I think it would work out really well and I would get a free gym membership there! Kat belongs to that gym so we could work out together! If that doesn't pan out then I will be looking to babysit.

So while finding a place and looking forward to getting into it and getting our family back together (he's at his parents and me and J are at my gma's) it's also a little stressful thinking about the cost and being able to manage it! I'm hoping and praying things are going to work out well for us!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment