Monday, March 7, 2011

Confused and busy!

I got a job! I haven't been working since last May and the past 2 months we have definitely started to feel it financially. So my main goal when we got back from Maui was to find a job! Mainly for retail jobs. I just want an easy job, where I can go to work, do my job, go home and not think about work until my next shift. Something easy, something fun, something I could enjoy and not hate. I hated my last job, it was for a cell phone company and I worked in retail first and loved it, then we moved to New Mexico and I decided to give the tech call center a try...so not for me! Dealing with upset people all day, trying to meet unreachable expectations, it was so stressful to me. I'm kinda a perfectionist when it comes to work and I almost always well exceed the expectations easily, so it was so hard for me, to the point of having anxiety attacks and getting sick (a flair up of something I was diagnosed with as a child after YEARS of being sick, and haven't had any problems since being diagnosed when I was about 11, until that job!). Anyways...I decided to apply at a large craft store that I LOVE. I picked up an application, brought it home, filled it out, took it back the next day and gave it to the co-manager (the store has 2 managers). Within 20 minutes of leaving he called asking if I could come in the next day for an interview (Thursday). I went in and was hired and started the next day at 9am! It's pretty easy and super simple! It's only part, but I'm hoping to work my butt off and get to full time! I worked Friday, Saturday and today (Monday) they are closed on Sunday's! Now I have 2 days off, then work Thursday and Friday afternoon/evenings and the have the weekend off!

On thursday we also started looking at houses! We saw a few and LOVED one of them, it was perfect, but a little more then we wanted to spend, there was another for quite a bit less, that was A LOT older and kinda funky, but we liked it. So even though I LOVED the first one I put it out if my head because I didn't want the hubby to feel pressured into a house we weren't sure we could afford just because I loved it so much. Well I came home Friday to change real quick after work and then head to meet our realtor to see a few more houses and he said something along the lines of : we'll go see what she has to show us today but I really think we should make a move on that first house (the one we LOVE but I thought was slightly out of our range)...WHAT?!? really? I was so happy! So we saw a few more houses but nothing compares to the first one, great neighbor hood, the town we want to live in, everything we are looking for in a house! So we decided to go in Saturday morning to write up our offer and found out there were 7 other offers (and it had only been listed for 7 days)! Wow! We weren't expecting that! But we still made an offer and tried to make it good! We offered more then the asking price and to pay for part of closing costs. We should hear something by Wednesday. My fingers are crossed and I'm hoping and praying we get it, but I'm realistic and still keeping my eye out and checking the MLS to see if anything comes up that we can jump on asap if our offer doesn't get accepted.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment