Saturday, November 16, 2013

Weekly randoms

With being back at work, having a (almost) 3 month old, and the holidays right around the corner life is super busy so I think I'll try to so a weekly bullet point type list of updates. Of course I'll still do J's 3 month post, but for now here are some randoms:

*Being back at work sucks, the hardest part, aside from missing my baby like crazy, is probably the exhaustion. I am so tired.
*Pumping at work sucks. Its kinda nice to have the extra break but I feel sorta bad, like maybe people think I'm not working hard or I'm taking longer to pump then I should or something, I don't know how to explain it. No one has done anything to make me feel this way, just my work ethic I guess that makes me feel that way.
*Another thing that sucks about pumping is worrying about getting enough milk. It's stressful.
*Jackson is now drinking a 5oz bottle every 3 hours! I used to give him 3oz when he'd have an occasional bottle. Then when I went back to work we started doing 4oz because that's about how much I pump each time, well that wasn't keeping him satisfied so we went up to 5oz!
*When I went back to work and J started having more bottles he started sleeping longer, like 10-4. Well since going to 5oz it's gotten even better. He slept until 5:30 yesterday and today until 6:30, ate, then back to sleep until 8! Yay! I woke up at 5:30 though and I pumped with the manual pump. I try to keep it upstairs and pump if I wake up in the middle of the night. I think it helps keep my supply up and it gives me an extra bottle. I got 5 oz and didn't even pump until I was empty because I knew he probably wouldn't sleep a lot longer.
*Josh's work made changes to their health insurance and they now cover spouses too. So he added J and I to his insurance. Its about $100 more then what we are paying now but worth it because I will be able to go part time now!
*As of the first of the year I will either go part time at hobby lobby or work for josh! I can't wait. I wish I could do it now but the insurance doesn't start until January 1st so I have to stay full time to keep my insurance with hobby lobby until then.
*J is growing out of his 0-3 and 3 month clothes. Today I'm going to start putting away the clothes that don't fit and replacing them with 3-6 and 6 month clothes!
*I hate baby clothes sizing. Especially Carter's. They go 3, 6, 9 months etc instead of 0-3, 3-6, 6-9. So it confuses me. 6 month clothes sound so big but they are pretty much the equivalent of 3-6. And I hate that all the brands are so different, like he can still wear newborn size circo (target brand) onesies but another brand 0-3 is too small! Sizing should be the same across all brands!
*There are at least 10 short sleeve size 0-3 onesies in J's closer that he's never even worn and probably won't wear. I bought/was given WAY to many 0-3 onesies. It also never occurred to me that he wouldn't wear short sleeve onesies much because its cold so I put him in long sleeves much more.
*I discovered Carmel macchiato coffee creamer so I've been putting that in my coffee with whip cream and Carmel sauce...I'm addicted...it's so yummy!
*We are going to see if we are candidates for LASIK. We bought a groupon that was $100 and gives you $1200 towards it at a popular well known place here and now I need to make appointments for our consults today. With the deal we have to do it by December 31! I'm so excited! I hope I'm a candidate! It would be so nice to not have to worry about glasses and contacts!
*I hate this time of year at work. It's busy because of the holidays and people are so rude. It sucks because I love Christmas but it makes me wish it was already over.
*I hate that I have to work so much during the holidays. I feel like I'm going to miss out on a lot of J's first Christmas, but I know I'm not really really missing anything because he's so young. He has no idea what's going on.
*J is changing so much. He loves his hands and they are always in his face, he sucks on them and rubs his eyes and face. Anything he can get his mouth close to he tries to lick and suck on.
*J's nails grow so fast I feel like I'm constantly cutting them. And if I don't cut them often he scratches himself. He has a nasty little scratch on his nose right now :(
*I need wasn't planning on having professional pics done for J's 3 month pics, I was just going to try to do our own little photo shoot at home but now I'm thinking I might have pro ones done because I could also get our Christmas card pics out of it. There's a new photo place down the street that's only $89 so I'm thinking we'll just do it there. I need to call and make an appointment really soon.
*J has also been fussier lately in the late afternoon and evenings, hopefully he gets over it quickly.

And now for some pics:
Wearing a 3-6 month outfit:


Last night at bedtime someone was wide awake! He was being so cute, smiling at me with his bink in his mouth so I pulled it out and he was smiling away at me:












No comments:

Post a Comment