Tuesday, November 26, 2013

3 months!

On November 19th Jackson turned 3 months old! I still need to take his pictures though...I want to take them early in the day when he's happiest and we've just been so busy that we haven't had a chance yet. I was going to do them this morning but I have a cold and feel really crummy and I don't think the little man is feeling so hot either. I'm thinking we'll do them Thursday morning.

Our dr doesn't do a 3 month we'll check so I don't know his stats but he's becoming so chubby! He's mainly in 3-6 month clothes now, although his 0-3 onesies still fit and he's still wearing 0-3 and 3 month sleepers, the 3-6 ones are way to big! We went shopping last weekend and bought some new clothes! I think I have an addiction to buying him cute little clothes! It's so fun to shop for tiny cute clothes! I get his Christmas outfit! He's in size 2 diapers and I HATE paying for expensive diapers! I bought pampers when I was pregnant and I always bought them on good sales. Well this last time we needed diapers I tried Huggies because they were much cheaper and we didn't like them. They are narrower then pampers and they leaked on Jackson. So I bought small packs of Luvs and up & up diapers to try since they are both much cheaper and we really like up & up. We'll be using those from now on! And they are only like $0.14 a diaper!

Anyways...Jackson is changing so much everyday! He's becoming more aware of his surroundings every day. I love to just sit and watch him. You can tell that he's learning new things. Everything goes straight into his mouth and he's getting much more coordinated about actually getting things into his mouth. Sometimes he's so talkative. He loves to play "boo". We use a blanket or burp cloth and cover his face for just a second and pull it off and say boo and he smiles so big! He may have sorta laughed once or twice but it was more of a smile with a happy noise not a full on laugh or giggle yet. Josh tickles his tummy and he smiles like crazy. He's still not a fan of tummy time but he loves to sleep on his tummy. At night he's still swaddled but during the day we let him nap on his tummy when were right there next to him. His head control is pretty good though. He loves laying on my chest and he'll lift his head up and look all around so we consider that tummy time!

He sat in his stroller (without the infant seat) for the first time while we where out shopping on Saturday and he likes it! I leaned the seat back but not too far so he could be comfy and still look around. He loves sitting up and being able to look around and be right in the action.

His hands are always moving. We call it frantic hands. He grabs everything and he's holding his toys now and of course putting them in his mouth. He grabs the washcloth in the bath now too and loves to put it in his mouth.

We ordered him a jumper for Christmas and it should get here tomorrow, I'm sure we'll open it right away.

Some nights he sleeps better then others. We are working on getting him to bed easier. He usually goes down at 10 so this week were aiming for him to be asleep in his bed by 9:45, next week we'll aim for 9:30, then 9:15, then 9. I'd love it if we could get him to have a 9 pm bedtime. That way I can go to bed a little earlier some nights if I'm really tired or I could stay up to get some things done without feeling like its so late. He usually wakes up to eat around 3-4 am but has gone as late at 6 am. I wish he's go 9pm - 6am! But I'm just happy he's only waking up once. He's still in his little bed in our bed and I don't know when we'll try to move him to his room. My in laws are getting us a video monitor for Christmas so maybe that'll make it a little easier to put him into his room. Some mornings if he wakes up at like 5-6 am I can bring him into bed with me and we can sleep longer. One morning he slept until 9am with me! It's funny because I'll put him in the middle of the bed at least a foot away from me and in his sleep he'll wiggle his way as close to me as he can get.

Here's some pics:
Playing with his ball:








Bath time:








Playing time with momma:














Sleeping, he had been much farther to the left and wiggled his little butt right up against me:


Playtime with his kitty:











And with his new paci plushie! We loved the wubbanub but he stopped taking the soothie paci awhile ago and has been taking the MAM ones, well I found this that works with it and he loves his monkey!



No comments:

Post a Comment