Thursday, May 30, 2013

25 week OB appointment

I had my 25 week OB appointment on Tuesday. I had my glucose test done and I'll know the results by the end if this week. The glucose test was not bad at all. The drink was not as bad as I had heard it would be. I've had it in the fridge since I got it at my last appointment and since I had to go to the dr straight from work, I just put it in the fridge at work and drank it as soon as I got off work. I got the orange flavor and it tasted like a melted orange otter pop to me. It was gross, but tolerable and not nearly as horrible as I had heard!

The appointment went as usually. Weight, blood pressure, pee in a cup, then the dr came in and felt my stomach, he said everything feels perfect and is growing just right. We listened to the heartbeat on the Doppler and the Jackson was kicking the dr the whole time! I love hearing his strong heartbeat! That was about it. Then I had to wait like 15 minutes for the blood draw for the glucose test because they have to take the blood exactly 1 hour after you finish the drink. I have my next appointment in 3 weeks, he wants to get back on even numbers, so at 28 weeks and then after that I'll go every 2 weeks! Which kinda freaks me out! Appointments every 2 weeks means we are getting a lot closer to having a baby! It's exciting, but it feels like there's no way I can be this far along already! It seems like I just had my first OB appointment! However the past 2 weeks or so time feels like it has really slowed down! It felt like it took so long to get from 24 to 25 weeks and now 25 weeks has felt like forever. It's going to be a really slow and agonizing few months if that keeps up. I think it also had a lot to do with the fact that I have so much done already to be ready for the baby, and the rest I need to do I don't want to do until I'm closer to my due date. Things like washing all his clothes and blankets, packing hospital bags, installing the car seat base into the car, things like that that I know its too early to do now. I do want to deep clean and organize our whole house and I've started doing that already so slowly that will all get done and it gives me something to do during these waiting months. I'm also working on the detail stuff in his bedroom, like decorating. Making some stuff to put on the walls and I want to make some more pillowcases for the day bed in there, I also want to make a nursing cover, carseat cover, and shopping cart/high chair cover. And some binky clips. So I have things to do, but pretty much all the big stuff is done.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment