Tuesday, February 12, 2013

OB appointment

My first OB appointment went really well. Josh couldn't get away from work to go, which was fine. I had to wait like 45 minutes because the dr was in a delivery, but it wasn't too bad. The dr is really nice and he did an ultrasound. The first one I've had on my stomach, which was cool but I wasn't that impressed because the vaginal ultrasounds I had previously show a lot more detail and you can hear the heartbeat better. But it's always nice to see and hear my baby! He said he's not concerned about the weight I've lost, he said as long as baby is growing and healthy it's fine. He said at my weight it would be perfectly healthy to only gain 10 pounds by the end. I have my next appointment in 4 weeks and then 4 weeks after that, at 18 weeks, I'll have another ultrasound and be able to find out the gender! We are just going to wait until then to find out and not go to the other place at 16 weeks. It's only 2 weeks, but I'm sure I'll be going crazy! Oh well!

They also gave me a bag of stuff. Magazines, samples of Huggies diaper and wipes, formula, nursing pads, milk storage bags, coupons, and the book "what to expect while your expecting". I thought that was pretty neat! Yay for free baby stuff! The little diaper is SO tiny! I forgot how itty bitty newborns are, it's been about 5 years since I've held a newborn!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment