Thursday, February 21, 2013

Trend lab first glance review

So I've decided to cloth diaper. We probably won't really newborn cloth diaper. Usually newborns are too small for the one size diapers I plan on using so people will buy a "newborn stash" of cloth diapers to use until the baby can fit into there normal stash. Well we plan on (hopefully) going to CA a few weeks after the baby is born for my younger brothers wedding and I think that getting the hang of taking care of a newborn, and traveling with a newborn, and staying with my in-laws while we are there will be more then enough to handle without getting the hang of cloth diapering too. I just think disposables will make the trip a lot easier. When were home I will cloth diaper with whatever I have that fits the baby, but I don't want to invest in a whole "newborn stash". So I'm focusing on building my one size stash. I've made a few diapers and I've ordered a few different kinds so far and I got one of them in the mail yesterday! I plan on doing a first glance review of my opinion of each diaper just mainly by looks and feel and then after the baby is born doing an update to review how it actually functions!



It's a Trend Lab, which I hadn't really heard of, but I was on sale through a deal website (totsy). It's supper soft. I did look up the brand and they make gender specific and diapers for all. The boy ones have more absorbency in the front, and for girls in the middle, the gender neutral ones have more absorbency throughout. The one I got is gender neutral.
Here it is on the smallest setting. I think it'll be WAY to big for a newborn. And it doesn't look very trim.


I LOVE that it can snap onto the wing though so you can get a more snug fit:



Most snap diapers don't have overlapping snaps on the wings so the smallest you can go is like this:



It has 3 rows of rise snaps so here's the largest setting:


The inside is super soft



And the insert snaps to the front



The insert is pretty thick and seems like it would be very absorbent and I like that it had elastic in the edges if the insert, it seems like it would hold in more



I like it by the look, I can't wait to try it out on the baby and see how it works!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment