Saturday, October 12, 2013

The drive

When little J was 5 weeks old we drove to CA for my brothers wedding! Originally we weren't going to go because Jackson would have been not even 3 weeks old at the time of the wedding, but since he was born 3 weeks early we were much more comfortable going since he'd be almost 6 weeks old. It's a long drive, close to 11 hours, but he did SO great in the car. The car usually puts him to sleep so he slept most of the time. We left Thursday September 26 at 4:15 am. It was hard for me to sleep in the car but I was able to get a little bit of sleep. We took a lot of stuff! Stroller, rock and play, diapers, babies need a lot of stuff. I actually way over packed for Jackson. I didn't use half the stuff I took, but better safe then sorry right! As far as feeding during the drive I took a small cooler bag (it's really large lunch bag) with ice packs and another bag that had pump parts, freezer bags, milk storage bags, and bottles. I had pumped milk in the fridge so I took some of that and put it in the cooler. I gave him that milk and made sure I pumped around the same time I gave him a bottle in the car. When we stopped I would nurse him for a few minutes mainly for comfort and because he's used to being nursed. Some of the bottles during the drive were fresh milk I had just pumped once I had used up the milk I had brought. Because I had brought some milk I was able to save some of what I pumped for the weekend, I just put it from the cooler to my in laws fridge. I did get a car charger for my electric pump, but I didn't even use it, I just used the manual pump the whole weekend, so next time we travel I will probably only bring the manual pump. We got into town in the early afternoon and got settled at my in laws.
In the car:


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment