Friday, July 4, 2014

Whole 30

So I've decided to do the whole 30. I heard about from a girl at stroller strides and then read the book she recommended, "It starts with food". It makes a lot of sense to me after reading the book and I know my diet is a big issue when it comes to not being able to lose weight. When I say diet I mean what I eat not diet like "I'm going on a diet." More like my diet is crappy, I eat a high carb, high sugar, lots of junk food diet. Anyways, the whole 30 isn't supposed to be a weight lose diet, it's what I would call a healthy food makeover plan I guess. But if you are overweight one of the effects of the diet will be weight loss.

I started it yesterday and I am going to try to post daily to hold myself accountable for what I'm eating and make sure I'm sticking to it.

Here's what I ate yesterday:



For breakfast I had scrambled eggs with bell peppers and spinach, and strawberries.
Lunch was a salad from whole foods while we were out running errands.
Dinner was tacos on lettuce. Just seasoned ground beef with bell peppers and onions with chipotle ranch (whole 30 approved recipe) on top.
For snacks I had some bake dried mango and almonds. I also had a few strawberries before bed.

I know you aren't supposed to weigh yourself on this but I'm going to because I'm hoping to lose weight and that will keep me motivated! I'm thinking I'll probably just weigh myself on Fridays so a week from today. I didn't weigh myself today so I'll have to do it tomorrow morning.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment