Thursday, February 26, 2015

Veggies

I thought I should quickly explain how I make my veggies! I buy the Normandy blend big bag of frozen veggies from Walmart. It has broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, squash and carrots in it. I set the over to 425*, line baking sheets with foil and spray lightly with oil, dump veggies on in a single layer, season, spray lights with oil and put in the oven. I usually use ms. Dash seasonings, I think I used the garlic and herb one this time. Check them about every 15 minutes and flip. And then I divide them into servings into Tupperware or sandwhich bags and put them in the fridge so I can just grab 1 serving at a time! Well technically 2 servings because 1/2 cooked = 1 serving and I'm supposed to have 4 servings a day so I just have 1 cup at lunch and at dinner and that counts as my 4 servings! This last time I cooked them in glass baking dishes and they didn't turn out as well as cooking them on foil (they were soggy!) so I'll stick with foil from now on. After these are gone I'll probably do asparagus for a few days and maybe brussel sprouts.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment