Wednesday, January 22, 2014

First flight!

Tomorrow Jackson is going on his very first flight! We are flying from Utah to SoCal! I'm so excited to go see katharine! I can't wait for her to see how much J has changed! And grown! He's a big guy now! It's going to be a very busy, jam packed weekend trying to for everything in. I'm surprising katharine at her work tomorrow. She knows my mom is coming and I asked her if she has anything available I want to treat my mom to a massage to thank her for everything she does for us and for her bday. So she thinks she's giving my mom a massage but instead she's getting me and J! Then Friday we are having Greg and Judy, Margaret, Tari, Lyly, Carrie and maybe Kim over to grandmas for lunch. Saturday is Cynthia's party and not sure what we'll do in the am. And Sunday we are going to nick and Sami's house before we head to the airport since nick is out of town until Saturday afternoon.

Getting ready to travel with a baby is challenging! At least when we went to CA for nicks wedding when J was almost 6 weeks old we drove so we had more room for stuff! We are borrowing a pack and play and I'll buy diapers and baby food when we get there. I'm sure I'm taking to much stuff but I'd rather be safe then sorry! Navigating the airport with our suitcases, stroller (which is in a travel bag but huge), car seat and baby should be fun! I plan on wearing him in the ergo so that should be easier!

I'll also get thrown right into nursing in public. I've pretty much been able to avoid doing it for 5 months but I plan on mainly nursing him this weekend. And nursing him on the plane. It's just such a hassle to deal with pumping and bottles so I want to avoid that as much as I can. Hopefully my mom and I will get all 3 seats in the row to ourselves and have a smooth flight!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment