Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Finding motivation

I've been lacking motivation. It's so much easier to be lazy, eat unhealthy foods (so much easier to get drive thru on the way home from work then come home and cook a meal) and just not think about. When I'm home I wear sweat pants or yoga pants and tank tops, when I go to work I wear khaki pants and my work shirt. It's easy to hide behind my clothes. They fit and as far as work goes its what I have to wear so I don't really even have to look in the mirror. But when we go out I have to wear real clothes, I have a few things that fit and I put them on an look in the mirror to see how I look and Ewww. I hate it. I look fat. I look huge. No matter what I wear I can't hide it (at least not in the summer, when its colder I can hide myself with sweatshirts). This weekend my mom was here and I had 4 days off work. Friday evening through Sunday morning hubby and I were in park city for our anniversary. So I had to wear actual clothes. It was horrible. I was uncomfortable the whole time I was anywhere. I was so self conscious and I just felt huge. It made me realize that I have to change. I need to find motivation. So this morning I found my favorite pair of jeans. When hubby and I started dating they were almost too big. They weren't my skinniest jeans, I wasn't at my thinest in them, but I was at a happy, healthy weight. They were comfy and cute and I felt and looked good in them. They haven't fit me in like 3 years. I want to fit onto them again. They are my goal. I got them out and paired them with some of my cutest tops that don't fit me anymore and I took some pics. So now when I need motivation I can look at those pics. I also left them hanging by my bed where I can see them every day. I'm going to try to start getting earlier and working out in the mornings before work so hopefully when my alarm goes off I'll see them and instead of hitting snooze I'll get up and work out! I was going to take these pictures and then get out my silhouette cameo and be crafty since I had a few hours until I had to leave for work but instead I took the pics and decided to work out! I spend 40 minutes on the elliptical and then did some bicep curls, presses, rows, squats, lunges and calf raises. So I guess my new motivation idea worked! I'm also going to try to eat a low(er) carb diet. I know my biggest problem is what I eat and how much I eat. I know diet is what will make the biggest difference in my weight loss.

I want to be able to take a picture of me and hubby to use for a Christmas card. I want to be thin and feel good about myself and confident enough to take the picture and send it out. I want to like what I see in the photo.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment