Saturday, July 21, 2012

Re-arrange

I love to re-arrange furniture. Growing up I was constantly changing my room around around. I would get tired of the way it was and re arranging it made it feel fresh and new. I'm still that. For the most part though, as far our house goes, we found what works and we've left it that way for the most part (and we've only loved here for a year). We did re arrange the basement living room because hubby and I both had the same idea and thought it would be a much better layout and it is! Then there's my craft room. It has a rather large day bed in the room so it doubles as a guest room. I've moved furniture and rearranged things a few times and I just haven't been able to get it to a place where it functions well for me. It was ok when I just needed space for my sewing machine. Then I got the silhouette cameo for Christmas and there was no space in there to use that. When I wanted to use it I would bring it along with my paper, vinyl, tools, ect down into the basement, use the coffee table and sit on the floor. A few times I even set everything up on my bed. I've really been wanting to try the print and cut feature of the cameo so after finding my printer in a box in the garage a while back I finally got around to re arranging the room. I moved the bed to were I wanted it and them I sat there on the bed for the longest time looking at the corner of the room I wanted to be my "work station" and the furniture I had to work with. It was really the only corner that would work because of the set up of the room (where the door and the closet are). I have a small desk, long dresser and 2 book cases. I wanted a "U" or "L" shape because then I would have a lot more workspace. I ended up doing a "U" shape and the room isn't done yet but it seems like its going to work so much better! I got it all set up and wanted to play with my cameo and try out the print and cut feature. I turned on my laptop and printer, plugged the cord into my cameo and computer and downloaded an image I put a piece of paper into the printer and then looked at the screen thinking that something was missing. Duh. The cord that connects the printer to the computer. I have no clue where the cord could be. Other then still in the box. Which is buried in the garage. Uh. That sucks. Well at least I got things set up. Now I'll just have to finish cleaning up and organizing the room and find that cord. I would love to put up some shelves to make it even more useful but since we're considering moving I don't want to put any holes in the wall. Once I get it cleaned up and organized I'll have to post some pics!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment