Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Expo

The baby, kid, maternity consignment sale that we went to at the expo center last weekend and it sucked. It was like a garage sale in a room. Maybe if we knew what we were having and were looking for clothes and toys it might have been better, but they had barley any bigger items and the strollers and pack and plays they had were in pretty bad shape. And there was also a gun show going on at the expo center and parking was horrible. We had to park across the street in a muddy lot. It was not worth the time or effort. So to make up for it we went to Kid to Kid a local chain of consignment stores and we found a rock and play sleeper. So at least that was productive. And today I found a glider and ottoman on the ksl website, which is a local news TV station that had a news website with classifieds. We were a little apprehensive about going to someone's house, but I have friends at work who buy stuff all the time that they find on ksl. My friend whose baby is due at the end of this month got their babies whole bedroom set from ksl. It was a glider and ottoman for $50. You can't bet that. So we went and the people were really nice. It had a small stain on the ottoman but we have a carpet steamer that can clean furniture so I plan on cleaning and possibly even recovering it. It's dark cherry wood so I want to pain it white, and the padding is cream. It was a great deal!

The other big items I want new. The pack and play and stroller and carseat travel system. I'm hoping that my in-laws will get us the travel system. We have a swing, crib, and high chair already. I want the pack and play to use in the living room and I'll use the rock and play sleeper as a bassinet next to our bed. My in-laws have a changing table with drawers that they use with my husband, I haven't seen it but they say its in great shape and since it was only used for him (he's an only child) I'm sure it is. I'm not sure what color it is but I'll probably paint it white and if the drawers have handles I'll get cute ones. The dresser that's in that room right now is old and too low to use as a changing table, we are going to get rid of it, so hopefully the changing table will be nice!

I want to get the last of the stuff cleaned out of the nursery before we find out what we are having. That way I can focus that week just on setting up the nursery for the baby! And shopping for the baby! Since I have that week off work I'm hoping to get a lot done. Maybe we'll even get the room painted!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment