Sunday, September 1, 2013

39 weeks - 13 days old

Today I would be 39 weeks pregnant, but instead Jackson is 13 days old! He'll be 2 weeks old tomorrow! I can't believe it! On one hand I don't remember what life was like before him and on the other I feel like he can't be 2 weeks old already!

He's such a sweet baby and I feel like we are SO incredible lucky to have him in our lives. He rarely cries and when he does it usually for a reason, like having his diaper changed, he doesn't like that. And it's usually easy to calm him down when he's upset. I can usually just pick him up and cuddle him close on my chest and talk to him and he calms down!

He seems to be eating well as far as I can tell, it's hard with breastfeeding because I don't know how much he's actually eating. Well see how much he's gained when we go to his 2 week well check on Wednesday.

Brody seems very protective of him already and likes to be close to him. When he cries Brody gets upset about it!



We've taken him out quite a few times (my mom and I) and he's so good! Apparently he likes being in the car and stroller because he just sleeps! I nursed him in the mothers room at babies r us once and I've nursed him a few times in the car. It's easier to take a bottle of pumped when we go out because of how long he likes to nurse for! He can finish a bottle much more quickly. But so far he's mommy and Nana's shopping buddy!
In a cart at SAMs club:


He loves his binky and we got a wubbanub hoping it would help him keep his binky in his mouth, it does help but it still falls out of his mouth quite often. At night I try to get him to fall asleep without it because every time it falls out of his mouth he fusses so it keeps me awake. Sometimes if he's in a deep sleep and it falls out he'll keep sleeping.


He also has a talent of peeing out of his diaper. Like up the side and it'll be all over his onesie! I don't know if its the diapers or what but it happens at least once a day. Knock on wood that he hasn't peed a whole lot during diaper changes! He just likes to wait until after I get him dressed and then pee out of him diaper! I dressed him in this cute outfit and he peed as soon as I picked him up off the changing table! So I took a pic because I loved the outfit!



Before he was born I thought I had plenty of newborn diapers and didn't think I'd even use them all, but he was a lot smaller then I thought he'd be and we've gone through all the newborn size I had, had to buy a new pack, and just opened another new pack! The newest pack is babies r us brand and they seem to be bigger then the pampers we've been using so they are too big on his skinny little legs! I've also tried putting him in cloth diapers, but so far they are too big on his little legs! He's just so tiny! He's long but skinny!

I got him a Star Wars onesie from kid 2 kid for $0.99 because josh likes Star Wars. It's newborn but has room for him to grow into it! I also get him the tiniest little newborn size jeans!
Letting him suck on my finger so he'd stop fussing for the picture (he was hungry and I was about to feed him)



And another of him all stretched out:


The jeans have room to grow, but not in the length! If he gets longer they'll be too short! Hopefully he plumps up some before he grows a lot in length!

He's just so perfect and so adorable! I love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment