Friday, August 9, 2013

Less then a month! And turning 30

I can officially say that my due date is less then a month away! Crazy! Today is my 30th birthday and I'll be having my baby in less then a month (unless he decides to wait until after his due date to make his appearance!). I feel like he will come early though. I could be totally wrong, but its just a feeling I have. My mom won't be coming until the 29th though, so hopefully he stays put until then, although for some weird reason August 24th is sticking out in y mind. I'm sure if I go into labor before the 29th my mom will change her flight and get here ASAP! I know she doesn't want to miss the birth of her grandson! And I don't want her to miss it! I need her! She's not just my mom, but my best friend too and I know I will want and need her support in the delivery room!

I'm not quite sure how I feel about turning 30. Growing up I thought 30 was so old! I thought 29 was the last year to be young and once you turned 30 you were old and boring. I don't feel old though. And as I watched my older sisters turn 30 (they are 10 and 13 years older then me) I realized that 30 really isn't old, but the thoughts from my childhood have stuck with me I guess. I'm kind of bummed that I can't go eat sushi and drink wine for my birthday though! But I'm happy to be pregnant, and so close to meeting my baby boy! I think my 30's are going to be great! My early 20's were all about me and having fun, my late 20's were all about me and my husband and our life together, and my 30's are going to be all about our family! OUR family! I feel like I've waited so long to make our little family of just me and hubby into a family with kids! Hopefully my 30's will bring another baby (or 2!) and a lot of fun!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment