Saturday, December 15, 2012

Hcg trigger

So the hcg trigger shot we did last night...

A nurse showed us how to do it and had us practice yesterday at the appointment. So last night a few minutes before 10 we headed upstairs. I laid everything out, took the bottles out of the box, the needle and syringe out of the bag (not out of its own packaging yet. Got out the alcohol wipes. There are 2 bottles, a liquid and a powder, you have to draw up a certain amount of the liquid and then put it in with the powder, mix and then draw it up into the syringe, change needles from the mixing one (its big) to the little one to do the injection. So I did all this and then cleaned an area on my stomach with an alcohol wipe. I pinched the area and josh got down to eye level and did the actual injection. It hurt a little, like a little pinch and then it was over. The injection site didn't hurt after but it did bled a tiny bit. And there's a tiny pink/red dot/prick mark today. So in my opinion it was easy and pretty painless.

So the point of the hcg is to make me ovulate 36 hours later and do the IUI at that time. So it's all timed perfectly. So me being me I did an ovulation test. I knew it would be positive, duh, but I guess I just wanted physical prof that my body is doing what it's supposed to. And as soon as I looked at it, not even a minute after I did it, the test line was very obviously darker then the control line! I've done this for months and every time I'm like "is it darker?" It always looks about the same as the control line. Here last months tests:



11/19 was positive and the dr agreed when I showed her this picture.

But here's today's:






No doubt about it!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment