Wednesday, December 12, 2012

HSG

I had the hsg done yesterday afternoon and it was not bad AT ALL. I went in and got undressed from the waist down and sat there waiting. Then the dr and a nurse came in. It wasn't the usual dr I see because I had to have it done at their main clinic and she wasn't working there that day, but it was the only day I could do it. The dr had me put my legs in stirup things that held my legs way up. Much higher then during the ultrasound. It was a weird position and a little uncomfortable to have so much of my lady parts on display! So then she put in the spectrum, rubbed some antiseptic stuff on my cervix with a giant qtip and then had josh leave the room because of the X-ray radiation. Then the dr put in the catheter and I could see everything that was going on on the X-ray screen. She slowly pushed in the dye (clear dye and it shows up black on the X-ray) and she told the nurse when to take a picture. The nurse took pictures throughout and then printed them out at the end. Everything was open and clear and looks good! The whole thing took less then 5 minutes. When she was done I said "that's it? I thought it would be worse then that. That wasn't bad at all" it wasn't any worse then a pap in my opinion, maybe a little more uncomfortable, but it wasn't painful. I also took 3 ibuprofen about an hour before so maybe that helped? But once she pulled everything out I could feel the liquid coming out if me. So gross! The nurse gave me a pad and said it would leak out for a little while. They also said I might have some slight cramping and a little bleeding is normal. I did have a little bit of cramping on the way home but not even as bad as period cramps. I didn't have any bleeding.

Josh turned in his "stuff" for the SA and we should here back within the next few days.

I have my follie check in Friday afternoon and hopefully everything will be good to go and we can trigger and do the IUI on Sunday! That's my hope!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment